Thursday, September 15, 2005

My Feet Hurt...

Hey Mom, did you recognize that quote??

"What's your name?" "I'm Thor." "You're Thor?" "Well it hurts!"

All of these quotes are in honor of my poor throbbing foot. The poor lil guy is really not so little; he's at least bigger than his brother. And no, it should not concern you that my feet carry their own gender. Anyways, I hurt my right foot somehow in practice yesterday. Tracy, the trainer, thought it was a jammed big toe...but lemme tell you, it ain't just the big toe that hurts now; and why would my ankle be swollen of it was just the big toe, hmm?

Besides the foot dealio, however, yesterday's practice was the bomb. We worked SO hard...for every missed serve, we ran sprints (after the first miss, 1 sprint, after the second, 2 sprints, etc). Our side was doing so bad (SEriously, just get the serves in the court!) that Coach had to start reversing the number of sprints or we would have been past twenty, I'm sure off it. Then we switched to push-ups. Girls quit trying to hit the zones because they were afraid of missing the court or hitting the net, so the drill wouldn't end! We finally got it, but it took half of forever. It was amazing though! We played a new serving game after that; it had us sprinting a lot as well. But that was the kind of stuff we needed to do. Most of the points we give up to the other team is in unforced errors. Maybe now we can change that.

We have our first conference play this weekend! We will play our opening tournament at Depauw. We can so do this! I hope the girls are getting pumped up, because we have so much talent and potential and athleticism. We just need to pull it all together.

My niece is gorgeous! I hope I get to see the family soon. I saw Mom, Dad, Hyo-Sun, Zach, and Elyse last weekend, which was super cool! Now I just need to see Emily, Betsey, Dan, Luke, Lacey, and Grace! And little guy. But he won't be visible for a while yet.

Gotta head off to the sheet-less bed. Man, wish the housekeepers could get under our decks to put those sheets on. I swear, I go sheet-less for a good four days or so before I get around to putting them on. Then it's time to strip them again. Sigh, it's a hard-knock life, I tell you.

5 comments:

Lacey Rumley said...

Complaining about the housekeepers? You lazy piece o' junk...

Good work on practice. Maybe it will get you into shape for making your own bed!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, recognized the title - "my" feet hurt too. Actually, I don't want to remember who said that quote, if you get my drift. Boy, people making your bed for you, what a dream! Luke, you amaze me! I remember you not making your bed either. Did Lacey teach you better! Take care of yourself Erin - don't want to miss the tournament! You rock! Love you,

Lacey Rumley said...

No, I don't make my bed now either...but I would if there were no sheets on it!

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Erin. First time I'm saying it, I'm serious. I'm sorry your foot's messed up. I'd switch ya if it was possible...umm, no wait, actually I wouldn't...sorry. Aww, poor Erin. Second time it's dripping with sarcasm. How horrible that you have to make your own bed with the sheets your HOUSEKEEPERS wash for you. Must be so extremely difficult to live under such circumstances. Haha, I'm just playin', kid...sorta. Anyhoo, I hope your tourney is great and that you kick some butt! I'll talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

ERIN! I love you. Sorry you're in pain, but I still like the "Thor" quote.
-Betsey