Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Libero Rules

In response to my Dad's comment, I will proceed to write this post that may be of zero interest to some; so DON'T READ IT then. If you are interested, by all means, continue.

The libero cannot officially "start"; at least, she cannot be on the floor with the starters at the beginning of a game, though in Coach's stats, she would have started every game. Instead, she stands off to the side until the ref waves her on. A libero does not have to sub like a normal player; she runs in behind the attack line while the player she is going in for runs off the court (also behind the attack line).

Therefore, we techinically have 7 starters every game, which (Dad) would mean we only have 2 subs, but there will always be 3 girls on the "bench". It's just that one of them is always actually an active player - she will be running in and out with the libero. You see, there are 3 players rotating for the libero position. Make sense?? If not, let me know.

Time for class! Hope that was a fun and informative volleyball lesson for y'all.

PS Jaymi, high school libero's are now legal if you want to incorporate that into the PCS squad. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would NEVER not read your post, even if it was too technical for me or something I wasn't interested in (like this one). But, I love to read what you write and think about. You ARE amazing. I agree with Luke - you should be the red baron! Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

Wow, now I just need an excuse to casually drop the term "Libero" into conversation and show that I know what it means.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know they're legal now...and if I actually had time to go to practices, like I told my mom I would before I got a job, I might try at least explaining it to them. Not sure it'd work, considering they're quite a young team...but, anyhoo, that was long and very pointless. I'm tired, should be in bed, I'm opening tomorrow(after closing tonight), but still here I sit. Alrighty, kid, see ya! Oh yeah, workin' on the 20th. Bye!