Friday, March 03, 2006

summer internship

I GOT IT!!!! Soooooooooo excited! I had an interview with USG on Wednesday and I wasn't sure how it went. Interviews and me don't get along very well.

THEN, on Friday (today) I got a call - well, I was still in bed but Mom woke me up to call the office back - and they offered me the position! YAY!

It's going to be a great summer. I will live at home, a lot cheaper than the other alternatives, and I will get engineering experience, which seems to be vital to securing a job in the future. Ya know.

SUPER DUPER excited! Kyle also got the position, so we will be working together this summer. I don't know who the third guy (or girl) is yet; interesting stuff. Life's crazy, I tell ya.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, kiddo! Like I said on your mom's blog, it was most definitely all the moral support you had on the way to the interview. Well, I suppose you might have some mad skills, also...but the moral support was most definitely key!! Haha, I'm excited for ya, kid! Take care!

Adminswife said...

YOU CAN DO IT, and you did! We are excited! I had a negative comment, but I will contain that for you personally (or you can ignore it). We love you!

Anonymous said...

Just keep in mind while you and Kyle are having a great time in the air conditioned land of no work (engineering office) someone is out in the 95 degree weather trying to build the stuff that you drew a print of...that would be me. So measure right.

Tobin and Erin said...

yeah if you'll notice kyle didn't. the bum.

Emily said...

yay for you erin! here's some advice for air conditioned land (jordan will appreciate this sooo much!). it get's cold so bring a sweatshirt!

Anonymous said...

Maybe sign in thing is the reason for certain ...discrepancies.