Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Don't you wish sometimes that you would be all grown up and have it over and done with? I learn new things that God is trying to drill into my head every day, and yet it seems like I don't make much progress. It's kinda like treading water. I can just keep myself afloat but I'm not going anywhere fast. Aarg!

It's a good thing, though. I really am learning something useful that will help me be able to serve the Lord better someday. I really am. That's what I have to keep telling myself when I feel like I am right back where I started from.

I am kinda busy recently. With volleyball starting up (a lot more than I was expecting for a spring season) and choir and the AIAA project and all of my classes and spring break coming up that I am planning for, things are rather crazy. I like to be busy (I mean, who wants to be bored??), but I have to make sure I am not stressing all the time. Seriously, I am such a worry wort, and it doesn't make life fun.

I have been discussing a lot in Non-Fiction, and it is hard. Hard to portray my faith correctly without sounding like a right-wing radical...hard to articulate my beliefs without bringing the Bible, God, or Jesus into it...hard to be the only one defending my position! That is a new one for me. But there ARE other people of faith in the class, I have discovered that. I think I am just still too conservative in my views for them. It's also hard when I'm not sure about something, and that is the point they want to attack. I don't even know myself yet! I feel so inadequate in a religious debate. I don't feel like I know nearly enough!

Well, I need to do some homework. Bed by midnight! (rain or shine ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All grown up and done with it occurs on the day you die. I'm still growing (and it usually hurts).

Evangelical Christianity is way too tied up with political conservatism. God might be helping your sort out conservative vs. Christian.

In your religious debates focus on being a learner. Winning an argument doesn't help anyone but the winner anyway. Let the other person's points drive you to research.

If you ask the person you are debating with a lot of probing questions you will find that they lack answers, too. We all have a faith system, the question is, which one best suits reality.

I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and another thing - start readidng Francis Schaefer (I'm not sure if I chose the right spelling of Schaefer).

Adminswife said...

You ARE amazing! Love your updates! Love your growth! Love hearing that you are ever learning and not giving up on that idea. You are something else!

Anonymous said...

You amaze me. I am so proud of you!

-Betsey

Anonymous said...

Hey Irish lamb! ;-) Lol....Is that the name they would pick if she was a girl? Or were you just saying that?....Not Irish lamb but the other one....:-) Ok have a good one. Later!

-Melita Jo Veatch The First :-)
Have we come up with the right spelling of Masheka????

Anonymous said...

I completely understand what you mean when you say you learn something new about yourself all the time. Since coming to college, I feel like I'm beginning to understand me and what makes me tick.

Don't stress. I find that when I worry things almost always work out.

I was so glad to get to see you on Sunday. And feel free to give me a hug whenever you want ;).