Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Hay-lo!!

Well, my comp apps homework is done. Working Model finally decided to work, I guess. It was crashing randomly and the print function wasn't working. Which I discovered is suPOSEd to happen. I have to copy and paste into Word to get my model to print. Well that's done, yay! I find it fun, but it tends to be tedious as well since my comp apps class requires so much detail.

I need to get physics homework done and I need to study calculus, which means doing LOTS and LOTS of problems. Oh joy. I HAVE to understand this part of calc in order to bring my grade up.

Did everyone know I have a really smart older brother?? He's a good one. The part I liked best of his advice was that grades don't matter. ;) I liked that one. But really, he's right. Yes, I want to do well, but as my psych prof said "You know what they call an engineer who graduated at the bottom of his class? An engineer." That's right. So I need to relax and have some fun, not spend all my time on school. Like I'm in much danger of doing that. My big problem is getting out and doing things with people. Which is where the other part of Luke's advice comes in. He said to write about when I am glad to be at college or a good day I'm having at college. So I aim to do more of that from now on.

Let's start small. Three things I like about college:
1) My roomie. She's amazing, sporty, and NOT nerdy! Plus she goes to church with me on Sundays and gets me chips when I'm too lazy to get them myself. (even though she bought the one kind I can't stand, bbq...haha, serves me right for being lazy!)
2) My roomie's family (no that's NOT the same as #1). They sit by me at her basketball games, buy me gifts, and have proclaimed me their adoptive daughter! That's nice because they live closer to the Haute than my family.
3) Subway! It's on campus and it's free with meal exchange. Come on now! Hands up!

There it is. Ok, on to physics homework. I can get it done now, then when I work 8th hour I can check my answers (I work at the Learning Center). Bye!

No comments: