Monday, January 31, 2005

On the road again...

Well, I'm off the road now, but I'm back at Rose again. What a great weekend! I saw the PCS Homecoming games...a PCS sweep!! That may be the first time in school history. It's only the second time a girl's team has won Homecoming (I believe). It was great. The junior high guys won a close game with REALLY low scoring , which made it all the more tense. The girls won in a big blowout, which is nice considering they don't win very often. The varsity guys played an INCREDIBLE game that had the audience on the edge of their seats (or hardly in them, in the case of me, Melita, and Jaymi). Wow! The guys were neck and neck most of the game, fell behind by 8 points, and came back to win by 4 or so. I loved it, and I definitely lost my voice.

I saw all my high school buddies (minus several seniors from last year) at the game and coronation the next day. My sister is BEAUTIFUL!! She wore an aqua-colored halter with a mini train and some design down the back. She was amazing! And I'm borrowing that dress sometime. ;)

Luke, Lacey, and Grace were there Friday night through Saturday night. It was SO good to see them again! Grace has grown so much, and she is gorgeous, let me tell you. She's so happy and content too! Really, if her basic needs are met she's pretty darn happy. I love her! I'm sure L and L get lots of sleepless nights with her when she's NOT so happy, but luckily, the aunt doesn't have to deal with that side of her!

There's a recruit coming this Thursday and Friday. I will be taking her to a basketball game Thursday night and to calculus class Friday afternoon. It should be interesting.

I'm applying like crazy for scholarships, loans, and summer internships right now. Mr. Lauson is still my hero, but I will also be contacting Mr. King and Mr. Elwood to see if they know of anything or can help me out. I might be living in Rockford, Illinois this summer! Whoa! It's kind of scary to think about, but also kind of exciting!

Well, calculus calls. Later!!

No comments: