Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Customer Greatly Appreciated It

We had our (first, from what I can recall) Customer Appreciation Dinner at the ARA tonight. All I can say is WOW. Well, I can say more. Or else this would be a very boring and brief blog. Alliteration! Alriiight. There it is again. I just can't help it.

Ok, so for the dinner, we had...oh man. There was so much. There was ranch-baked parmesan chicken with fresh parmesan to go on top; prime rib; a potato dish of some sort (rrrreally good); veggies; peel and eat shrimp; pierogis; lil sausages; fresh pineapple, grapes, honeydew, etc. with fruit dip; rolls; and a gourmet dessert table that was OUT OF THIS WORLD. They had at least three kinds of cheesecake (I had two of them; one was plain...AMAZING...and one was raspberry crumble or something...good), a ginormous mini-bunt chocolate cake with chocolate glaze (I took that one back to the room for my sick roomie), and lots more.

I STUFFED myself. I had six plates of food by the time I was done. Mmmm. Sadly, the sick roomie promptly upchucked the luscious bunt cake. Can't say I didn't think of her, though.

Also at the dinner was a DJ, who played loud but FUN music for us all and we could request what we liked. There were door prizes given away as well. Everyone stayed until the Xbox was given away; then all 300 or so of us left at once. Hehe, Rose nerds. Gotta love 'em. But they did keep that one for last, so we didn't just walk out on the poor DJ. Jared, KT's bf, won a horseshoe set. Woohoo. Hours of fun right there. My RA from last year won a cooler on wheels. Some guy won a pack of Monster energy drinks and someone else won a tub of sunflower seeds. It was a random and fun night. I wish they did it all the time, but then again I guess I don't cause I would be paying for it. But I do think every dinner should be set to music. Puts everyone in a good mood. Though I must say it was hard to hear. Ya win some, ya lose some.

ADES exam tomorrow and an Echem quiz; after that, I might be able to breathe again. We had our last spring vball season practice today as well, so tomorrow we will have a pizza party in the SRC. I have choir elections as well (apparently I was nominated for SECRETARY, not treasurer...just as well, since I don't think we really have money to spend and I wouldn't know how to take care of it if we did), so I will skedaddle from the par-tay a little early to see if I am elected. And to vote, of course.

I need to do some last-minute studying and try to decide if I should skip stats tomorrow so I can study for my quiz in between ADES and Echem. Hmm. We'll see. Later, y'all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your last post was FUNNY. Apologies for not staying updated; it was finals week.

I was going to ask if you had one of everything, but then you said six plates, so instinct tells me that's a "yes." :) I heart you.

Kick ADES's tail, kiddo!

Love,
Betsey

P.S. I woke up this morning to the tinntinabulation of the bells, bells, bells, bells, bells...........Aaahhhhh, good to have Jori back. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow.

That was a fun read.

I am praying for Dean's List grades this quarter, just so ya know.

Tobin and Erin said...

well good. i hope God still works miracles.

Anonymous said...

He does.

Adminswife said...

You two are funny! Got my Boo home - safe and sound (doubtful on the sound part). Funny stories!