Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Caution

CS professors on the loose! I was run over by a CS prof today. I decided to cut through CS territory in order to get back to work after meeting with my ADES professor. Number one mistake. Number two came when I assumed that I could turn corners willy-nilly with no thought to my own safety. Apparently, those astute Computer Science educators walk at the posted 45 mph with heads pivoted a full ninety degrees in the opposite direction then they are headed. It's an aerodynamic thing, I think. Anyways, I could only got out a noise of some sort (probably equivalent to the ululating cry I gave when riding one fateful day with Mrs. Christman) before he plowed into me. I managed to spin enough to the side to just get a shoulder and one foot trampled, but I believe I bounced off the wall behind me. He said something, laughed, apologized, and announced to the classroom we had collided in front of that he had just run over someone. Blush.

Funny times.

Had my Humanities and Social Sciences Student Advisory Board meeting today; it overlapped with choir nominations, so I missed that, but I was nominated for treasurer, YAY! Voting is on Thursday, which I also can't make because of volleyball. Hmm. My track record is not so good for this position so far. But we'll see how it works out.

Got to study for a huge ADES test, take said ADES test, do chem homework, rewrite a formal report for ADES, write another formal report for ADES, do stats homework, take a stats quiz, read for Non-Fiction, and research for the AIAA project before Friday. Summer! I PINE for you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finish strong. You can do better than you think you can.

FWIW - I hated chemistry, too. But, I only took it in high school.

Emily said...

wow erin! you amaze me! you do so much! keep at it girl, you can do it! see you on friday!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!!!! You crack me up, kid! Only you would collide with a prof. Seriously, who else does that? And you're pining for summer, eh? Yeah, I hear ya. Except, mine is more just pining for warm weather. I think yours probably has something to do with being done with school for a couple months. Correct me if I'm wrong. Have fun with homework!!! Can't wait to see you!! Hooray!!!

Adminswife said...

Your future schedule sounds like ours. I can't wait for summer either. I don't enjoy hot weather, but the break will be great and much needed. Besides, the closer we get to summer, the closer we get to ROAD TRIP!

Anonymous said...

Lol. Yes that's what I think. Ice Age was ok but the first one was better. And Stick It was super good....I guess we all have our own oppinion *SP???*. Except we both like Pirates!!!! ARGGGG there matey. Lol. Ok lata!

-Melita Jo Veatch The First :-)

Lacey Rumley said...

No one uses words like "ululating" - sounds like a cow being milked or something.

ADES? A range of nutritious soy-based drinks marketed in Latin America? Again, the cow-related thing. A little help here...

Adminswife said...

Luke - you are amazing! That quick wit is still working. Funny guy!