Saturday, February 04, 2006

No Free Tuition

The person was chosen randomly (a row and seat number). The guy who got to attempt the shots was Adam from across the hall from me...one of the least athletic guys in our hall, probably. He had 24 seconds to make a lay-up, free-throw, three-pointer, and half-court shot in that order. He missed the first lay-up, but then made the second, drained the free-throw (now we were all cheering), went to the three-point line and drained a three (we went wild...it was louder than it is usually for a basketball game) and ran to the half-court line. Then he tossed one up and we were all screaming...it looked like it was on. Then it hit backboard and time was up. Oh man. He was SO CLOSE!! I think Bob Bright would have crapped his pants if he actually had to give a student free tuition for that. (Bob Bright is our interim president)

So, that's the story.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet if they had gotten the person across the hall from Adam, they may be short money for the fall. But, alas, they didn't even give her a chance. For a guy that isn't very athletic, he did pretty well. That must have been exciting to watch. I guess even engineers can have "some" fun. Called you today to shoot the breeze, no answer. Must be having "some" more fun. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Poor Adam. Did you know that if a kid is lost in Wal-Mart, it's called a "Code Adam"??? FYI, found that out today.

I'm writing Rose a letter of complaint right now for their discrimination. Give my sister a free ride, daRn it.

-Betsey

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'll do my best to work on the Dr. thing. I have a feeling you'll get there before I do, though. Then I can introduce YOU as Dr. Rumley. Much more impressive sounding than Dr. Veatch, dontcha think?

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, Erin, but this comment's for Jori.

HAHA!!! Wow, that IS a good day, if all your personalities are in agreement. So jealous am I. (where's the Q-tips???!!)

:)
-Betsey

Anonymous said...

I feel like everyone leaving comment has an inside joke. ;)

I have nothing funny to say other than if Cedarville decided to give a contest for free tuition I would do just about anything as well.

So, is your spring break the same as mine? We should get together at some point :).

Have a great afternoon! Love ya!