Thursday, February 23, 2006

CAN'T YELL LOUD ENOUGH!!

I am DONE SON!!!! Stick a fork in me...heh-heck yes!!

Here are some things that are rolling through my head at various times written by others not myself (wish you could hear the drums and wild guitars going off in my head...OH I AM EXCITED BOO YAH).

And when you dream, dream big, as big as the ocean blue. Cause when you dream it might come true.
When you dream, dream big.

And when you laugh be sure to laugh out loud,
cause it will carry all your cares away.
And when you see, see the beauty
all around and in yourself, and it will help you feel okay.
And when you pray, pray for strength to help to carry on when the troubles come your way.

“Now I've heard there was a secret chord
that David played and it pleased the Lord,
but you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this: the fourth, the fifth
the minor fall, the major lift;
the baffled king composing Hallelujah!

Your faith was strong but you needed proof.
You saw her bathing on the roof;
her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you.
She tied you to a kitchen chair
she broke your throne, she cut your hair,
and from your lips she drew the Hallelujah!

You say I took the Name in vain;
I don't even know the name.
But if I did, well, really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word;
It doesn't matter which you heard;
the holy, or the broken Hallelujah!

I did my best; it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch.
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong,
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
with nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah!”

-Leonard Cohen, Hallelujah

(but the John Cale version is the best)

"I think that the day you've figured out the differences between women and men is the day that you're no longer attracted to women. It's the difference that is so fantastic and frustrating and angering, and really sexy” – Kiefer Sutherland

I AM DONE!!!!!! I made it through winter quarter!!!!! HOLY CANOLY!!!!

6 comments:

Adminswife said...

AWESOME! Can't wait to see your face! Soon! Check out our new wheels!

Emily said...

erin...what are you drinking

Anonymous said...

Wooooooooow.....

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Have a great time at home and be a lazy bum ;). I can't wait to go home. I need a break.

"Dream Big" is one of my favorite songs too :).

See you next weekend!

Adminswife said...

How was the surprise? Did you shock her?

Anonymous said...

Oh Erin, I wasn't talking about you ONLY. There were a couple other people I had asked a few weeks ago to go with and they all said no at the last minute. I know you already had plans and I'll forgive you this once. As far as line dancing goes....ummmmm....ya, I dunno. How about I let you know. K, see ya.