Monday, January 16, 2006

"Lazy" Wayne

You have to picture this guy. He is definitely over 60, probably 70 or more years old. He is always in a collared shirt and tie and dress pants and stands kind of hunched over. He has a constant half-frown half smirk (is that enough halves, Betsey??) on his face, and he moves soooo slowly and precisely, just how he talks. Which is what makes what he says so outrageous. He obviously has thought it over and just how to say it.

He is avoiding giving us a lecture (he claimed it was so boring that his previous class was audibly sighing by the time he finished...and two heads hit the table-top as they were falling asleep), so he started to tell us a story.

He has the "intro" perfected. Just like Kramer popping into a room. Just perfect. "I'm really tired. You see, yesterday was the day I increase my weights." Completely straight-faced. I still have NO idea if this 70+-year-old man actually does work out and lift weights.

Anywho, the story continues. "They have these letters on the weights and for some reason I went from "H" to "J". I forgot about "I" and I wore myself out. An illiterate person could kill themselves on those things."

HAHAHA!! I LOVE that man! He is going to teach Intro to Aerospace Engineering next quarter! Soooo excited about that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! That sounds GREAT! I would absolutely love to take a course with that man.

Like Mark Twain once said, "Be careful about reading health books. You may die from a misprint."

Love it.
Betsey

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I was wondering if there was gonna be a "punchline" to your story...there was and it made me laugh. Sounds like one of those eccentrics who interest you in spite of yourself. Then again, maybe not, maybe I'm way off. So, are you not coming to homecoming? Am I gonna have to be loud and obnoxious all by myself? What if I pay you? Bribe you? Come down there, tie you up and haul you back here? K, I'm losing it. Later, kid.

Anonymous said...

OK, I am in the dark. I guess you had to be there to get the joke. Or, I need to be caught up to date. Blonde, or sometimers, don't know which is the case. Love you though.

Anonymous said...

LOL! He sounds like a good prof.

So, I just found out my only class for the day got canceled. I guess that leaves me more time to do school work . . . or play on the computer.

Have a great day girlie!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the punch line will come in the next post. I guess old peolpe don't think being tired is funny.

Keep those guns pointed down range.