Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Good Tidings We Bring

Love Christmas songs.

Keep up the studying suggestions, by the way. Anything at all would help me out a great deal.

So...story time. We had a recruit down at Rose for volleyball and Jess and I entertained her last night. Jess passed out Capri Sun's to us and we sat and talked while we drank them. Jess kept insisting her's tasted funny; she has them all the time, and she said her's was weird...but Brittany's and mine tasted fine and we finished ours really fast, so we told Jess she was crazy.

She let hers sit their forever, and finally I told her to let me try it. Ok, folks, I could get like two drops out of it. That's it. I sucked at it as hard as I could, and I couldn't get it to some out. Jess said to blow in it and I tried, but that didn't even work. So Jess took it back (it hadn't done this for her) and pulled the straw out and started screaming.

Brittany and I hadn't seen anything, but Jess was hysterical, saying there was something in there and asking if we had seen it. She kept saying, "I told you it tasted funny!" We took it to the sink and cut it open. Jess couldn't look, she said she was going to be sick, so I poured it out in the sink.

Yup, it was nasty. It turned my stomach. Brittany thought it was gum, but she wasn't poking at it like I was. I swear it looked like a bug larva, still wrapped up in it's little skin thing. Uughh!! It also could have been a type of mold, but I really don't think it was. We were grossed out by that for sure. Yuck!! And I was trying so hard to suck it up through that little straw...imagine if I had succeeded!

On a happier note, tonight Jess and I went to my literature of war film festival (4 obscure war movies showing at the same time). We chose Battleground, an old black and white film about World War II; and we watched it with a WWII veteran!! It was so cool! Not only was it a good movie, but we got to hear first-hand experiences from the old man throughout the movie. I would recommend watching that movie if you get the chance. It was very well done and was also hilarious at the same time that it was poignant and sad.

I have a meeting with my con apps professor and a lab tomorrow, as well as lots of homework, LC work, and a con apps review session. So I'm out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word. Eww!

Anonymous said...

Gross, we HATE bugs! Dead or alive. Emily would have passed out for sure! A few more days and we will be together! YEAH! MOM

Anonymous said...

EEEEWWWW!!! I don't know if I'll ever drink a Capri Sun again. Glad you didn't suck up the bug.

That's pretty daRn cool that you got first-hand veteran stories. Awesome.

Pretty much LOVED your comment..."yeah, they're called DOCTORS!"

love ya,
Betsey

Anonymous said...

Hey Er,

Remind me to take/get pics of you this weekend...my amigos wanna see you.

love ya,
Betsey