Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Guess Who Had a 6 AM Practice Today?

That's right. Me. Wish I could say otherwise. Wooey, that one was early. And it went till 7:30 and I have an 8 o'clock class. I was flying to get showered in time. I even drove the van to the SRC so I could get back more quickly. I had KT drop me off and take the van back to its parking spot. I felt like a schoolkid being dropped off at the elementary wing in the minivan...except that I've never had that experience before, hehe. I don't think. Well, not in high school or elementary that is. Perhaps in K4. Whatever.

So I have lots on my plate. In 7 minutes, I have to leave to get in to the Esys lab room to practice for my lab practical tomorrow. That is where each lab partner goes in by him/herself and does an abbreviated lab alone to see if he/she knows what he/she is doing. So let's hope I know what I'm doing...yikes!

I am now a part of the HSS Student Advisory Board. We have 3 meetings during the year to discuss changes or improvements in the humanities at Rose; I was apparently highly recommended by Dr. Williams, which is cool since I think she is amazing! She is my Lit of War prof this quarter, and I am hoping to get her for Tech Comm my junior year.

Tonight after the lab preparations, I will get dinner and then go shopping in the C-Store. Junk food time! I shopped in the bookstore earlier today and decided I really want to splurge in some stuff, but I kinda am not sure about the resources to do so. I would love to do all of my Christmas shopping there, but hahaha, would all of my family really want everything with a big Rose-Hulman stamped on it?? Plus it's super-duper expensive. Ok, off to lab practical practice it up! Ooo, say that eight hundred times fast!

Adios!

4 comments:

Lacey Rumley said...

Not me...

Anonymous said...

Geez!!! Between your comment on my site and this post, I think you're getting to be quite the novelist. I seriously think that was the longest comment anyone's ever left me, haha. And I'm sure with your culinary talents, we'll have a truly gourmet meal on our hands. I don't really care what we eat. Wish I could say I've been brainstorming, but I haven't. I'm sure our genius minds will think of something. Anyway, if I don't talk to you before, I'll see you Thursday!! Take care, kid.

Anonymous said...

Good talking to you! Now we BOTH exercised before the sun came up. I went at 5:30 a.m. Keep up the good work. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, busy day. I know what that is like though. I also want to get my family some stuff from CU's book/gift store but it's very expensive as well. I really wish I could have seen you this past weekend. I suppose the next time I see you will be over Thanksgiving at our LOTR marathon :). That will be fun times. Have a great day even though it's a busy one! Love ya!