Sunday, October 16, 2005

The End of Fall Break

That's so sad. I had a great break! And now it's all over...

I got to go home for about a day and some odd hours! Woohoo! I saw the fam, even Buzz and Emily. We celebrated Hyo-Sun's birthday on Thursday (and I got lots of home cookin' in me - grin). I went out with Jaymi and Kyle for a while that night as well...haha, guys, it was a blast as always! We really know how to party. Kmart SO wasn't ready for us!

On Friday, surprise surprise, Emily and I were recruited to play in an alumni/faculty soccer game against the PCS varsity team. We ended up tying it 1-1; but the faculty side should have creamed the varsity team. We were so much better!

Then I drove back to Rose on Friday night and the next morning (bright and early) left for Kentucky with my teammates. Yeah, folks, I was up at six a.m. That's ridiculous. But we had a lovely breakfast at Denny's, so that kinda sorta made up for it.

We proceeded to lose every game that weekend. Aaaarrrghhh! But luckily, that is not all that I will remember from the weekend. I personally set a career high and led the team in kills in our first match (10 kills); then I played the best games of my career for the rest of the weekend. We just never have all of our guns firing at once. It's like only one of us can have a good game at a time. Grrrrr!

We have tomorrow off, and I will be doing lots of homework then, but the break will be glorious. I might find out about my con apps test tomorrow! *cross fingers*

Alrighty, I'm off to bed (yeah, at 8:30) so I can get up SUPER early tomorrow - 5ish if I'm motivated - and get some DE done. Adios, all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Kmart didn't know what hit them!!! Us in our little circle there in the middle of the store...gosh, how rebellious are we!!! But, honestly, it was better than sitting at home doing nothing. Sooo, sorry about volleyball. But sounds like your personal games were off the charts!!! Awesome! Anyhoo, I'm so excited about seeing your game!! I'll have to call you or something so we can set up times or whatever. Yeah, this is perrrty long, so I'm out. Bye, kid!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your all time record in volleyball. Like I always say: YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! We are going to Buchanan today (Buzz, Z, E & me). Field trip, right? I will send your stuff with Jaymi, let me know if you need something else. Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

Congrats on playing so well! I wish the team could've done better though. I'm glad you had a nice (but short) break at home. I can't wait for some home cooked meals. I'll be getting one Wednesday :). I hope you did well on your con apps test. By the way, what is "con apps"? Talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Not one, but two mentions in web site article (http://www.rose-hulman.edu/sports/volleyba/05vb10.htm).

Did you really get up at 5:00?

Lacey Rumley said...

Way to be, killer.

Anonymous said...

Erin, you're AMAZING!!! I was shocked speechless when Mom told me you had 10 kills. Jess Pettretti, nuthin'. My sister's a monster! Good luck with Con Apps. School. Blech.

Uhhhh.....what exactly are "new digs"? Because if I knew what mine were, I'd show them to you. In a hearbeat. Luv ya!!!

-Betsey