Thursday, May 19, 2005

One Memorable Night

Wow, that was a great time! My day started at 7 AM, when I got up to get ready for class. I went to class (singular, only one that day, woohoo) and work and in between worked on my projects and tore apart our lofts and rebuilt our beds. I left right after work at 3:30 and went straight home, getting there at 6:30. Betesy got off of work at 7-ish but she had to shower, so we hi tthe road for the Pod's at 7:30.

Then began the Star Wars party. We had SW Ep II playing but there wasn't an extreme amount of watching going on. We ate and dressed up in our costumes. Mine involved a lot of painting of the face and hands, since I was going as the decaying emperor. Betsey looked GORGEOUS in her handmaiden costume (she basically looked like Padme, yup, that's my sister). Lauren ended up going as Yoda. She was SO CUTE in her green paint and her hair in pigtails and wired so that it stuck up like Yoda ears. Jori was aMAzing as Darth Vader. She had a full mask and the chest-piece and had made her own cape. She also had the gloves. Haha, it was SO awesome! Mother Pod went as Qui-Gon, and she was hilarious as she tried to accessorize (sp?) for a male Jedi. We took SO many pictures. We looked great. I even had a cane that went with the outfit! Jori painted it and did something crazy with a dull hatchet to make it all bent and gnarly. It was awesome.

The movie...wow. It was incredible. The special effects were beyond description. They get better with every movie. There were so many worlds because now Lucas basically has no limit to his imagination (with computers as advanced as they are). The acting, to my surprise, was not bad. I had heard it was going to be pretty wooden, but I did not get that feeling at all. It was very well done and helped connect a lot of pieces. (although Jori and I are convinced we found discrepencies)

Well anyways, afterwards I drove Betesy home and headed back to Rose at 3:00 AM. I had to stop for gas, but otherwise I made it all the way back without having to stop. Let me tell you, that was the longest drive back to Rose I have ever experienced.

I got back at 6:00 AM and got into bed at 6:30. I slept until 7:55 and went to my 8 o'clock class. And now I am writing this. By the way, I got a 93 on my physics test, the highest test grade I have ever gotten at Rose. a;hfa;vc;wae;hA;!!!!!!!

I'm excited. Ok, I have to go, lots to do today (including the truss-bust competition! Yikes!).

5 comments:

Lacey Rumley said...

I guess that answers my last comment / question. There are people that went to the opening night just to see the wackos...glad you enjoyed it. Later,

-Luke

Anonymous said...

A "93", how awesome, that's my girl. Have I ever said, "YOU CAN DO IT!" You are amazing! Glad you made it back to Rose safely - now you can drive it again tomorrow. Love seeing you - the more the better. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am more convinced than ever that you are one whacked out individual. You're crazy!! Completely and totally insane! But, hey, ya know, whatever. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night. Went to the dress rehearsal tonight. Was ok. Ehhh, yeah, I'm completely beat, so I'm gonna go 'cause I have nothing else to say. Well, actually, I do, but I'm not gonna spend the time to say it. I'll talk to you tomorrow, hopefully. Ok, see ya.
~Jaymi

Anonymous said...

Erin, you are definitely IncrediGirl. I sure couldn't do it. So, yeah, when I come to your v-ball games next year, you can just expect me to stay at least overnight to recoupe (sp?) as well as use up some of your meal plans and whatnot. Cuz I'm not Superwoman like my amazing sister and absolutely under no circumstances can I function with less than 9 1/2 hours of sleep. So you're the coolest and I love you!
-Betsey

Lacey Rumley said...

Just because it's finals week doesn't mean you can't blog. Sheesh.

;-)

Love you!

-{lkr}