Sunday, March 20, 2005

"Uh...Dan?"

This was my first response when Dan and Emily came to surprise me at college. Dan came up to the concessions window where I was working and just started to order a candy bar. I just stared at him for a while. It didn't make sense in my head why he was there. Then I was like, "Dan? What are you doing here?" And I started to get excited. Then Emily came around the corner and I flipped out. I couldn't believe it! There were seven of of us working the concessions, so they didn't care about me leaving. So Dan, Emily, and I left.

We spent the day together bowling (where Emily and I lost miserably), at Pizza Hut, the mall (Emily bought me the cutest pair of earrings!), ping-pong and pool at Chauncey's, Subway, then my room to watch Napolean Dynamite and The Ring. It was so much fun! The next day (today, incidentally) we went to church together at Maryland Community Church, the church I attend with Katie. It was great. We followed that up by a trip to Red Lobster for dinner. They wouldn't let me pay fpr anything!

They left at about 2 p.m. to get back to Portage and then the big GR. It was an amazing weekend! Now I just have to do homework, but I don't even care that I didn't get any of it done earlier. This was so worth it! They completely surprised me; I didn't suspect a thing! Well, I have to get to calc and statics now, but yay for good surprises and amazing family! I love you guys!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aren't surprises fun? maybe i'll surprise visit you someday...oh, shoot, ruined it already! all well. it's not like i'm good at keeping secrets anyway. so tomorrow i leave w/ 4 other PCSers to visit Grace (sadly not the adorable baby, we're visiting the boring old college), then saturday it's off to texas. what a busy week. again, probably not as busy as yours, so that makes me feel better. thanks. hey, let me know what you want as a souvenir. (ask for something classy yet cheap, like a rock from the flower beds at the hotel or something) just kiddin, ask for whatever you want; i'll just get you a rock anyway. talk to you later, kid, i love you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey, you know you can publish as many little comment-thingies as you want??

Anonymous said...

so i can just go on and on and on...

Anonymous said...

...and on and on and on...

Anonymous said...

...and on and...well, no need to be a nuisance. just reveling in the joys of technology that i am just now discovering. (you realize all the other kids were doing this years ago?) i may be a late bloomer, but i am catching up, darn it! i said "daRn it." thanks. see ya!
-this and all the above postings except jori's were be Betsey, of course

Anonymous said...

shoot. i really was going to stop posting 'til i noticed i made a mistake in my last one. not that anybody cares about grammar on internet postings, but i meant "by Betsey," not "be Betsey." just thought i'd clarify. adios.

Lacey Rumley said...

Glad you were surprised, Erin - Betsey, you made me wet myself. I think you are all right. Well, no sense making Steelcase pay me for any more of my comments...Back to work!

-Luke