Sunday, January 23, 2005

Summary of the Weekend

It was nonstop, mostly (I refer to it in the past tence even though its still Sunday because I will forget to write about it on Monday). It all began on Friday, when I started my day at 8:30 when my alarm was SUPPOSED to go off at 7:00. Well, it probably did, but I definitely slept right through it. So I began rather frazzled. I had 3 back-to-back exams that day, and I was going to get up early to study for them and get ready to go to Ball State that afternoon, but NOOOOO.

Instead I had 10 minutes to get ready for work. I ran around until I was decent enough that I wouldn't scare people, then ran out the door. Work for 2 hours (studying as much as possible), then comp apps class where I met my team for the rest of the quarter (we're sunk). Then it was my lunch hour. I did eat, but I also showered and got ready for the Ball State match. It was a record, I believe.

Next, 3 exams. Calculus was first; I think I did pretty well, I'm excited about that one. Then was physics. Yuk, I'm not excited about that one at all. I hope I passed. Then, there was psychology now, I'm pretty sure I passed, but how well I did kind of depends on how badly everyone else did. ;) So that was my test experience.

Right after my last test ended (3:20), I rushed back to be ready for Jen and Chad when they came to pick Erika and me up. We then drove to Ball State and proceeded to cheer for Penn State, being the only Penn fans there. Penn State won in 5 with a score of 25 or so (the cap on game 5 is 15!!). It was amazing, we were all hoarse from yelling, and we hurried out as quickly as possible. (we weren't sure how the Ball State fans would take it, and it was kind of odd to be the only ones yelling our heads off in the dead silences after Penn State scored)

So I got back around 12:30. I went to bed, ready for Mom and Dad to come at noon the next day for my vball banquet. Haha, no such luck. They got snowed in back home. And they had my strapless for the formal that night. Hmm. So I went to Olive Garden alone (only drove past it once, folks!) and really enjoyed the banquet. I got Most Improved award! I was super excited. Wish my parents had been there though. :(

Once back at the dorm, I rushed to get ready for the formal that night. Don't worry, everyone, I borrowed my roomie's strapless for the formal! We left at 5:30. There was a dinner (pretty good, but my momma makes better pie!!) and lots of speech stuff for the new Pike initiates. We had a milk toast because that fraternity has a "milk and cookies" reputation (meaning they're nearly dry). I say nearly because there are always goofballs, but I thought the milk toast was pretty cool. The head honcho dude was also a head honcho in IVCF (intervarsity). He prayed for our meal and everything. Then there was a live band (Stretta) that was aMAzing. We got back at about 11:30. I watched a movie and went to bed.

Sunday's list of activities include: bball games at 1 and 3, then church at 6. Afterwards, I will finish my Matlab homework and I am done!

Well I'm tired and I'm sure you are too. That was a long one. Peace out!

No comments: