Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Halloween

What a great weekend! We started off the weekend right after work, cooking for a Halloween get together with two other couples. One of the couples we know from training, and the other was Jesse and Melissa from Rose (Jesse was one of Tobin's roommates). It was so fun! We handed out candy to trick-or-treaters (not too many though...we were surprised at how few), ate dinner, and played Cranium.

Jesse and Melissa stayed with us for the rest of the weekend, and we spent most of Saturday at the beach. We decided to hike to Fort Pickens, and actually didn't get too many pictures of the fort; we were a little more preoccupied with the 14 mile hike. It wouldn't have been too bad, but as you can see in one of these pictures, the road wasn't exactly where it was supposed to be. So we hiked through miles of sand, and that wore us out! But check out the crab we found and the huge bird that I was convinced wasn't real until it started walking! Also, we found a horseshoe crab skeleton.

Jesse bought a Crossfire, which is what the car picture is all about. It's a pretty little car! Anyway, after our hike, we had a picnic at one of the pavilions. There's a picture of us, but we're all pretty worn out, as you can see.

Sunday was (is) relaxing, just going to church, heading to the beach and the base for a quick tour, and going to Applebee's for dinner. Now the weekend is winding down, and we're looking forward to a busy week. Tobin has a stash job now from 8-1 every weekday, so he will be pretty occupied. I have a presentation to give in two weeks and have to have a major portion of my project for work done by then, so I am kinda stressing about that! I think I can do it, though, so tomorrow will really be important for me in making some headway on this project.

Let us know how everyone's Halloween went. We're looking forward to Thanksgiving pretty soon here!



































































































4 comments:

Adminswife said...

14 miles...are you out of your mind? I can hardly walk around the block. Good for you four!

I can't believe YOU would be holding that thing. I guess you graduated from ladybugs, right?

Thanks for the update, you are so faithful!

Adminswife said...

Elyse says: You are right, the road is in the wrong place. Our Halloween was pretty boring, just went to Culver's.

Mom says: We didn't get ONE trick-or-treater (as usual). We didn't even bother turning off all the lights, no one was coming anyway.

Zachary says: Where was the road supposed to be?

Anonymous said...

Betsey says : What road?? I must have missed something. I'm going back up to review the post.

Er, you're a decent photographer! I really like the pic of the heron. Or if Tobes took that one, tell him I said it's super.

Did you pick up the crab, too? Craaazy.

Um, I like that your Vera bag is starring in that last photo. Ha.

Love you,
Buzz

Anonymous said...

Ok, I now understand the road reference.

Er - you have a sunburn in NOVEMBER! It's like you're from another planet.

Oh, dear. Tobe's new job involves stashing things. I think you can get in trouble for that.

Love,
Buzz