Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holidays

Tomorrow, ALABAMA! I've never stopped in Montgomery for any length of time. Tobin and I are going to go exploring to see what we can find; and I'm going to live on my first Air Force base for a few days. We did stop in at Eglin once to get Tobin some rank, but that's the only other AF base I've ever been on.

I have been in green belt training all week, and tomorrow is our catapult competition. We have been reducing the variability in our shots for both training weeks, so tomorrow we get to compete and then present. Our catapult is the least altered, but we were tied for first in the trial run yesterday. We'll see how tomorrow goes! It is also the company Thanksgiving lunch. Mm mm, turkey and ham!

And in a few days, I will drive up to Montgomery again, pick up Tobin, and drive on up to Michigan for Turkey Day. :)

4 comments:

Adminswife said...

Yeah! Tied for first place - you done good!

Can't wait to see everyone on Thursday.

Drive carefully! Enjoy your weekend!

Lacey Rumley said...

Have fun in Alabama! I dare you not to have the song "Sweet Home Alabama" stuck in your head the whole time. (Or maybe you're used to it since you live so close, but I'd definitely be humming it if it were me!) We're really excited to see you in six days!!! Drive safely!!!

Emily said...

So are you on those nerd competitions with the robots and such? Whoa, you are cool!

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand most of this post. Too much lingo and whatnot.

But, you may be interested in knowing, I TOTALLY used the info you gave me on the Tacoma Narrows bridge in class last week! Showed the youtube clip and everything. When they asked me why the bridge behaved that way, I told them that my sister knew. Yeah. I doubt they were real impressed with my performance, but everyone knows you're cool!!!

Love,
Buzz

P.S. See you two SOOOON!!!!