Sunday, November 09, 2008

Another Wonderful Weekend

ASBC is located on a base so close to me that Tobin can come home on weekends! He came back this weekend on Friday night; I was late coming home, because I was at a "girl's night" event for the girls in our Bible study. We had an amazing weekend, getting lots of things on our to-do list done. Plenty of laundry/ironing/polishing boots and shoes, for Tobin's uniforms (he does it all himself...isn't he pretty much fantastic?). He gets his completed new uniform on Tuesday, so he won't have to wear the borrowed one anymore. Oh, and Tuesday is Veteran's Day, so he gets a day off from ASBC. He won't be coming home, since it's only a day, but I'm glad he'll catch a break. Maybe he can go exploring in Montgomery.

Ok, on Saturday, we went to an O.A.R. concert that we won tickets for from a radio program. We were reeeally low on gas, so we got off the highway early and ended up in a shady part of town, but eventually we found our way. The pictures we took of the aircraft carrier (or maybe it was a battleship??) didn't turn out because it was too dark, but I posted one of the band. It was fun, and some guy who knew Tobin sat next to us! It was another person from the military who went to IFS with T. Random, huh? We run into a person we know in Mobile, AL, and I never see someone we know, from work or church or anywhere, even when I'm shopping in good ole Walmart back home!

This week is kind of looming in front of me, since I have to finish up the next part of my project and give a presentation not this Monday but the next. Yikes!

It was hard to let Tobin go today, but I'm so thankful I'll see him again this weekend. Thanks for all of your support, family!


3 comments:

Tim said...

I just prayed for you and your project / presentation. I am sure you will do great.

Emily said...

Whoa...I didn't realize the tickets you won were to an O.A.R. concert! I have to tell Dan. He loves O.A.R.!

So glad you had a good weekend with Tobin!

Love you!

Adminswife said...

I wouldn't like making a presentation at all. Just teaching a Ladies' Bible study gives me the willies. So, in front of "brains" no way!

But, all that to say, "YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!