Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Blood Drive

First: blood is the grossest thing ever....it should stay inside the body where it belongs. BUT, since people insist on putting holes in themselves and keep needing bags of the stuff from college kids, I figured I should do my part and try to keep these vampires alive.

Buzz, we are both failures at this blood thing, apparently. You weren't actually given a chance to try to give, however, since the lady couldn't seem to find your vein. I did not have that problem. Nope, the first thing the chick said when I turned my arm over was "There's a beaut." I've never heard that in reference to my veins before. Apparently they show well. It made me sick to my stomach, at any rate.

Sooo...I made it through the registration, pin prick (the WORST part...she kept pushing at the finger to get the blood to ooze out...uuuuugghh), and insertion of the needle. Not bad, it didn't hurt, I can take that kinda thing. I wasn't even looking at my arm, but a couple of seconds after my blood started exiting my body...I passed out. They had me sitting up originally...next thing I knew, I was lying on my back and they were calling "Erin, Erin, stay with me! Cough!" I didn't quite understand the whole cough thing. But I tried it. Can't quite describe the feeling, but it was weird and I was too tired to talk. There was plenty I wanted to say, though. I didn't even feel them take the needle out.

Anyways, I felt fine after a bit; poor Brandi didn't do so well. She had a new lady who couldn't get the needle in (now THAT would knock me out for sure). Brandi's face was green when she came up to me after she finally quit trying to fill the bag. Neither of us gave enough for the blood suckers to keep it. I wonder what blood type I am? I will probably try this again next time. I'm determined now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I felt ambitious and driven after the first time they turned me away for low iron. But after the second time when she bruised my arm from top to bottom, I suddenly lost motivation. If they really want my blood, they can get a pistol and a bucket and have at it. But they're not taking it without a fight!

I'm proud of you, though. Way to be a trooper!!! Hope Brandi's feeling better, poor thing.

-Buzz

Adminswife said...

I love how you write - makes me feel like I am sitting there, holding your hand, watching you fall over, etc. You are a trip! I don't get the cough thing either, I thought only guys had to do that. Whatever!

Luke said...

What's with you weenies?