Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Weirdos

Those last couple of comments were slightly disturbing.

Warning: the following excerpt from the daily life of Erin contains some questionably nerdy material. Unsuitable for anyone who isn't in touch with their inner nerd.

So, I had a meeting with my Japanese Society group today (I'll have another one later tonight). Anywho, we met in one of the group study rooms in the library. Usually we go into one of the downstairs ones, but this time they were all full, so we chose an upstairs room. The thing is, these rooms have no windows. So I commented that it felt like an interrogation room (no windows, white stone walls, a circular table with four chairs around it). Then I noticed there was writing on the walls, equations written in pencil. I pointed it out to my teammates...I mean it really looked like someone had been trapped in there a long time! So one of my team members, reading an equation off of the wall, said (dead-panned), "I have been here square root of x equals 2 minus x days now. I can't take it anymore." Man oh man, I cracked up.

Ok, maybe you ahd to be there. But it was funny. You should have heard him say it. My oh my. Ok, nerd story over. There were other funnies, but I shall spare you the gory details. Time to do some major work. I get off for break in 2 times 10 to the negative 18 times x equals 5 times e to the natural log of 2 times 10 to the negative 18 days. Really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you really figured out that equation....well, you belong at Rose.

lovin' my nerd,
Betsey

Lacey Rumley said...

...or in a mental ward.

--
Luke