Sunday, December 04, 2005

Twelve Days

Of classes. Three days of glorious weekends. And then I am home for break!!! Woot!

Ok, now isn't this stupid? I get off on a TUESDAY and come back on a TUESDAY. Grrr. Just give us three weeks off for break. That would make everything easier, plus it is more free time for me. I wouldn't complain.

So...I tried to start the car yesterday. At first it started, but then I backed a foot or two out of the parking space and it died. I tried to restart it, and it definitely was cranking, but it wouldn't catch and start. I even tried the gas pedal thing and managed to flood the engine. I think that is what happened, anyways, because I went in to get help and Bryan came out with me and the car started right up for him. But here's the bad news. As we were going back out to the car, I slipped on a patch of ice and keyed the car next to mine. Woohoo, ain't that just what the Rumley's needed right now? Anywho, I left a message on the car's windshield wipers. Hopefully nothing will come of it. The car wasn't super nice and the scratch was tiny. Still...arrrggg!!

Church tomorrow and a little bit of homework; but I am SO going shopping if the weather isn't too bad. I need to get some more Christmas gifts. And I need to workout (not connected with the shopping, unless of course you are speedwalking the mall with Emily).

Just watched Iron Chef. Oh man that show makes me hungry. Except for the raw trout ice cream. That sounded pretty disgusting. But it looked good. I'm practically an Iron Chef now myself. I have a pan!! I definitely cooked my first pizza today. Couldn't use my pan though. :(

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a stitch! You and your pan! I am thinking a horse and buggy looks pretty good these days. At least it won't have trouble starting. It won't scratch someone's car (no keys) and it won't hit someone elses car (if it did, it wouldn't hurt it - unless you are Betsey and going 60 mph to catch a train). What is the Rumley world coming to?

Anonymous said...

Man, what do they teach you at Rose? Acts of vandalism, it sounds like. Keying someone's car, c'mon, Erin! And I hear you on the car thing. Mine has been towed to our driveway and tomorrow will be towed to Smith, where my dad will replace the water pump. Hmph, great. And, I'm a little confused. Your comment on my site was only to laugh...what exactly were you laughing at? I mean, I know I'm just so incredibly witty and all... Anyhoo, see ya.

Anonymous said...

Only you could go from raw trout ice cream to traditional christmas carols in a matter of sentences. You're nothing short of incredible. :)

-Betsey

Anonymous said...

I played that song yesterday - I am thinking of playing it on Sunday, the 25th, when I play in the foyer ("It's beginning to look alot like Christmas"). Do you think they would mind? Say "HEY" to Jaymi. Update, update, update!

Anonymous said...

It snowed here today! I was really excited to look out the door of my dorm and see snow (except it was like 10 degrees outside).

Anyway, I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping. I'm a bad person, I know. I should ask my parents and brother what they want . . . I don't envy you having to buy for so many people.

Have a great day girlie! See you soon!