Saturday, December 10, 2005

"The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men...

...Gang aft a-gley.” In case you didn't know, that's the original form of the saying we adapted from Robert Burns' poem "To a Mouse". Haha, I just liked the ending. It's much cooler than "often go awry". Why don't we talk like that? It would be fun!

Anyways, so here's the story...I didn't go to St. Louis this weekend. Nope, I'm here in my dorm room. Dan and Emily basically got snowed in up in GR, so I decided not to go (the rest of the people going were a bunch of goobers anyway). Well, I definitely didn't know them well enough to feel comfortable going alone with them. Make sense?

It was quite the bummer, but I am getting over it now. It was much worse when I first heard they couldn't come. Actually, I can look on the bright side: I am going to get ahead on my homework as long as I apply myself this weekend.

Good wishes and best of luck to all who are taking finals this upcoming week, including my sister Betsey and all of her Grace buddies. And to my sister Emily...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are DONE forEVER and you did soooooo great!! Also, I am not mad and am no longer devastated that you couldn't come. So don't worry about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes me reallyreally sad. I'm sorry, sweeheart! I'd hug you if I could. A lot.

Good for you with the studying! I hope you get a lot done.

-Betsey

Anonymous said...

The kids were AWESOME today! Can't wait for the DVD and we can all watch it together. It was good to talk to you, so I don't have anything else to write now. Still love you though, MOM

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm sorry you didn't get to go to St. Louis. Catching up on homework...what a great alternative to a fun day...Buuuuuut, I'm glad you're getting over it. You won't need too much therapy, will you? Yeah, working a 10 1/2 hour day at FB...not fun...don't EVER do it! Hope you have a great week and I'll see you soon! Yay! ...I'm also very appreciative that you don't think I'm a he girl, that's touching.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I wish you could see a game. We have one on the 6th :-) You could be late back to college couldn't you???? And I am feeling better thanks :-) I'll see you soon!!! Bye!

-Melita Jo Veatch The First :-)