Friday, December 09, 2005

St. Louis

Here we come! Emily, Dan, Dan's friend, and I are heading down to the St. Louis area tomorrow to explore, see a Blues game, and take a tour of Anheuser Busch. That's part of the package deal; we're really not heading down there just to see that. ;)

I did all my SWE stuff; it was fun, especially the lab. I really liked being able to show the girls how to work with some of the materials. I think a couple of them knew more than me, but there are always the smarties, ya know?

Got my homework done, miracle of miracles. :) I am sooooo glad it is the weekend!

Guess what, y'all? Once my check gets cashed, I am an official member of AIAA, or American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. Rose is starting a chapter on campus, and I will be in the original group! It is exciting and fun and offers design competitions, a few scholarships, and connections for career opportunities in the future.

Alrighty, that about sums it up for now. I am a busy girl these days, which is good; I'm just attempting to fit sleep into the schedule a little more. I'll figger it out. Take care of yourselves out there; the snow's B E A yootiful, but it's kinda slick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Erin, you nerd. You join a club about aeronautics and astronautics and you say it's "fun"??! You do know that just makes you flippin smart. And I think you're cool.

Ah yes, the snow's slick. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Love you silly!

-Betsey

Lacey Rumley said...

That ought to help with the Smiths internship possibilities.

--
Luke

Anonymous said...

Did the kids make it there safely?

Anonymous said...

Have fun this weekend! I'll be in snowy Ohio studying for finals.

I just thought I'd inform you that I had a snowball fight on Thursday night. Anyway, it was me, Tiff, our friend Amanda and our friend Phil. I think you'll be proud when I tell you that no one hit Phil with a snowball except me, and I hit him right in the face :). *cough* But after that I was completely pummeled with snow . . .

Anyway, we should do that sometime, for a PCS get together or something. I had forgotten how much fun it is to tackle people in the snow and be covered head to toe in the white stuff.

See you soon!