Saturday, August 27, 2005

What Is New??

Weeellll, not too much that is exciting. I bought books yesterday, for a grand total of 311 something dollars...plus the 4 or 5 dollar book I had to get at the mall because the bookstore did not have it in stock. I visited some people around campus...the SA's, mainly. I saw Ben and Caleb (Speed 1 SA's) and I went to David's room but only Zekis and co. were there, so I just told them to say that I said hi. I went to almost all of the dorms and talked to some people. I saw Kyle in Speed, but he was busy with freshmen stuff, so we just said hi.

I am missing a roomie, but maybe when she gets back we can go get dinner or something. New Res is filling up! I kind of dread the return of a few, including the boy who won't leave me alone, good old Joe. Otherwise it should be fun.

LT...our only senior on the volleyball team and one of our captains...just had surgery yesterday. She had her gallbladder removed. We wanted to do something for her, but we didn't have a card, so we all signed a piece of Rose-Hulman letterhead paper...hahaha, we are so loving. Coach went out and bought a bracelet for her as well, so we did do something for her.

Some volleyball girls and the managers and Coach went to an ISU/IU match down in Bloomington today. That was fun! The girls are SO good...I guess that's the difference between Division III and Division I. IU won, and they were aMAzing. It made me want to play some more, which is a good thing.

I love my family, and I wish I could be there to help out my sister in her transition into college; she is doing fine, great actually, but I still want to be there with her! Fending off boredom in the days that we have nothing to do is kind of tough. I am still used to ten-hour workdays; not having the hours filled with busyness is killing me! KT and I did watch a movie last night, so that helped a little. Now I am jsut wasting time, however. I should go run a load of laundry...woohoo! And clean the room. Sigh, the drudgeries...

By the way, here's the latest on the volleyball team. We went from 15 girls to 11 in the course of the preseason (we lost Jerikar before the season even started, but she is WAY too busy with being an SA, so we understood), and our captain is currently out of play for at least another week, if not 2 or 3. That leaves 10 healthy girls to play...and our first game is in a week. We get along SO well, and I think we are a really strong team. I feel like I need to step it up, but I have so much to learn still...and I am! I need better timing and no hesitations; I think if I nail that, Coach will play me outside a LOT and middle a little. Haha, we will see. I have lots of ground to cover.

Now that I have sufficiently bored you, I will leave you alone. Go enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Lacey Rumley said...

You can do it, Erin. We know you have the skills. Be confident. Later,

Anonymous said...

No hesitation - make that your motto: Volleyball, academics, whatever. NO HESITATION. You are the goods - go prove it.

Lacey Rumley said...

Erin! Your blog grew up today! It is very "university" - I like it.


-Luke

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else that stole my line: "YOU CAN DO IT!" I know you can. You have proved that over and over. You go girl! I was confused by your site at first, thought I pushed the wrong button, guess I am blonder than I thought. Love you, MOM