Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good News!

I had no idea, but Tobin double-turned again today! :) He also had a quiz. If he doesn't need any extra practice flying, he will just have two flights left, the 605 on Friday and the check ride on Monday! I am SO excited! I wasn't expecting to hear that he had flown twice today, but I am so glad he did.

Work is going well, and I am staying busy. This weekend, I was dragged into filling in for someone at our company games, so I will be at least piloting a raft on Saturday. I was also supposed to swim for the lady who can't be there, but I told them I would drown, so hopefully I don't have to do that.

Our company has both 6Sigma green belts and black belts, and I am going throught the green belt training. It's manufacturing lean stuff, not office lean stuff, in my case. I am manufacturing support, so for my project I will be working on reducing scrap (we manufacture membrane, so the rolls produce a lot of scrap...it's my job to figure out how to reduce that scrap for a specific belt/process).

How's that weather up north? Are you still getting summer-warm temps? We're definitely in the 80's still, but occasionally it cools down to the 50's at night. Hoepfully, T and I will still have a few visits to the beach left when he gets back. Later!

2 comments:

Adminswife said...

No, we are freezing. Had the heat on the other night. It is set for 66 and it came on once. Just took the chill off and never came on again. We have resorted to long sleeves, pants and socks in the house. Soon the downstairs will be set up and we will post pictures. It will probably be Sunday. Something for you to look forward to, eh?

Elyse says: "Are you crazy about that temperature thing? Bye-bye.

Emily said...

I don't want to hear about this summer-time-80's-going-to-the-beach crap. We've got frost on the cars and lawn in the morning, and I'm debating about busting out my winter coat. Geez - Floridians...

On the other hand, so happy to hear about Tobin's flights! Yay! He's almost done!