Friday, October 17, 2008

Check Ride

Friday's flight went well, so on Monday, Tobin has his final check ride and he is DONE!!!! We are slightly concerned about the weather; the forecast calls for a slight chance of rain that day. I really hope that isn't the case. He's almost home!

My green belt training week is over (the first one), and I won't have the second for a couple more months, as we get going on our assigned projects. I should be an official green belt in about eight months!

This weekend should be fun. We have our Corporate Cup Games, a YMCA sponsored event where local businesses compete against each other in games and races. I'll be piloting a raft or something like that....I didn't sign up for it, kinda got roped in, but it'll be a good time. And on Sunday, another military wife and I are meeting to make a dessert for a dinner the captain's wife is putting together for us pre-API/API couples. (API is Tobin's next training assignment) I'm excited to see Ashley again, since she headed off to IFS with her husband about 3 weeks before Tobin left, and I haven't seen her since she left.

How's everybody else doing? Sorry the weather's so cold up north. Are all the pretty fall leaves out yet? That's one thing I miss; not sure when any of the trees turn colors down here. About the only thing my trees are losing is their branches. They're a tad on the rotten side.

I hope to have good news for you all on Monday!

2 comments:

Adminswife said...

Yeah for Tobin! You are one smart cookie!

Congratulations on the green belt (I hope it goes with your wardrobe).

Have a GREAT weekend meeting new friends.

We had a great night last night at Karen Sunderman's house. We laughed and laughed. It was great fun. The kids went to IMBC for their game night (that is where their babysitter had to be), then they came back here for bed. Fun times for all!

Have a super weekend paddling and eating!

Emily said...

Wow! You should ahve told me how those games went when we talked yesterday! I hope you ahd a good time!

Love you!