Friday, February 15, 2008

February 15th, 2008

I can remember ten years ago, when I was at church, and my new baby brother was being born back at home. We went out to lunch with a lady from church (my three siblings and I), and when we came back, we were greeted at the door and told to come back and see our new brother!

I can remember holding him for the first time. Until that time, I had only held dolls that were that small, but he was so warm and heavy and alive and absolutely adorable. He was the little brother I had prayed for, and now he was in my arms!

Zachary, I love you, boy; thanks for ten great years! By the way, you make me feel really old. I'm so glad you have grown so tall and strong. And you're so cool! Baseball, football, basketball, running, and all of those video games you like so much...you're an awesome little brother, and I can't wait to see you in a week. Love you!

3 comments:

Adminswife said...

Awwww...that is such an awesome entry. Yep, he is a cutie, smart, fun, sports nut, video guru, able to fix anything, can leap tall buildings in a single bound - whatever! Thanks for your input - see you in 6 days!

Tim said...

That may be the best blog post ever.

Emily said...

erin - your way with words brings tears to my eyes. I agree with everything you said. He is such a joy in our lives.