Friday, March 23, 2007

Busy Weekend

I thought I'd have a program to write this weekend, but apparently we had a lab day in class, and I got it done in there. AMAZING, I get to head home this weekend and not worry about comp apps at ALL. Happy birthday to my Jaymi! 21 on Sunday. I'll be home for Saturday night and some of Sunday to see her and my family. Yay!

So, Tobin is heading down to New Mexico as we speak. The actual Bataan Memorial Death March starts on Sunday morning, bright and early. It's a 26.2 mile course with elevation differences; plus, the guys are in full fatigues, boots, and carrying packs that must have 35 pounds in them at the finish line. So, any food or water they carry is extra weight since they can get rid of it as they march. The group heads home on Monday. Please pray for them all for a safe trip - no accidents or dehydration or anything like that!

Time to get some heat transfer done. Or take a nap. Or both :). Heat transfer tends to do that for a person.
Here's The Tob and I after the military ball! :)

3 comments:

Lacey Rumley said...

If I were doing what Tobin's doing this weekend, I would die. (Maybe this is why it's called the Death March?) I guess by the end of my pregnancy, I'll probably have gained about 35 pounds, but there's no way I'd walk/march/run (whatever he has to do) 26.2 miles. That's insanity.

And you, my dear, are beautiful. A military ball sounds like fun!

We miss you!

-Lacey

Emily said...

tell Tobin we are praying for him...i cannot even imagine doing what he is doing.

love the picture! You are gorgeous as always!

Adminswife said...

It was good to see you, even for a short time. Sorry we lost you in church, it is soooo big, you know. Let us know when you make it back to the Hoot!