Tuesday, February 06, 2007

snowing!!

It almost feels like Christmas now! Good thing we still have our lights up...

So even Michigan would have to admit that Terre Haute has had its first official snow now. It's so gorgeous! Finally, something to cover up the dead trees! One pipe down by the SRC has a huge frozen waterfall coming out of it. Pretty amazing! Walking to class didn't feel half as cold with snowflakes falling all around you. I love the muffled feeling I get when it snows. It's comforting and makes you feel warmer even though it's only 14 degrees outside. Everything's quieter and cleaner and brighter. Yay snow!

So, next year we might possibly live off campus; I'm excited! I wouldn't mind if we didn't, but it would be so fun if we did! We've been crunching numbers and so far it seems like living off campus is the way to go. There's a shocker, Rose is cheating us out of $$.

Haha, I got a paper (well, several) back from Minster for my Horror Lit class, and his comments made me laugh out loud. I love that man. Here's one of his comments: "Oddly mixed metaphor. I have the mental image of someone stalking a glass jar of allspice." Apparently he didn't like the wording of my sentence. But I guess he liked the rest; that's the first A I've landed in that class. Oh, and he used the word "panache". He's my favorite. He's the only guy I know that likes words enough to call a paragraph "tight". Hehehe.

I'm going to attempt to get work done before my day decides to get long; that's what happens when evening hits. All meetings and practices tend to start about then. Later taters!

4 comments:

Adminswife said...

You make me laugh and also feel stupid. I had to look up "panache." Never heard of it. I guess most 7 and 8 year olds don't use those "big" words. But, 24/7, is not where I would normally hear it spoken. So, glad you updated. I bet 14 degrees feels good (it is 5 here - but has been in the negatives for days). Fourteen sounds pretty warm to me. We will check out the spreadsheet and crunch the numbers with you. We will let you know what we think at a later date. Love you!

Anonymous said...

So did he say your writing has panache? You do? It is not a word I associate with horror literature.

Luke said...

Yep - Googled it. 14 degrees would be considered tropical in Grand Rapids right now, but glad you got your snow. If you ever want more, you know where to go...

Emily said...

ummm...we just had a blizzard here so I don't think snow flakes are pretty at all.

I looked up panache too...doesn't seem to fit horror lit...dad how did you know what it meant...you are too smart for me!