Tuesday, November 30, 2004

And life goes on...

Wow, how quickly things change. I remember in high school wondering how I would feel when this started happening, only nothing could have prepared me for it to start so soon.

My vball buddy Ashly is engaged. Whoa. Her ring is beautiful, and I was really excited for her, but tons of doubts and questions began rolling around in the back of my mind as soon as she told me. Does she have any idea what she is getting into? How can she be ready for such a big step already? I guess some people just are, but it still worries me. At least she did make the comment that they weren't going to get married for a long while yet. Good to hear. I really hope things work out for her.

My first day of classes for the second quarter is officially over! (and there are 25 days until Christmas!!) It was an interesting day. I was in a horrible mood most of the day, then at the end we had our first IM bball game and I was in a great mood after that. We lost pretty badly, but it was our all-girl team playing an all-boy team, and let's just say they had lots of height and a bit of talent on us. We played hard though (several girls had not played before and they did SO well) and the final score wasn't that far apart: fifty-something to twenty-something. We are going to switch to the co-ed league where we get a point handicap: for every field goal and three point shot made, we get three points. We also get three free-throw attempts for every shooting foul. It should help us out a bit.

Classes...they are alright. I know I am going to get into a debate with my psychology professor sometime. There is a bunch of evolution crap in the stuff he says and he puts down Christianity as well. Grrr. I like my calc prof, though, and physics I have the same prof in. That's not good except for the fact that he gives out only a little homework. My computer applications class should be interesting. The prof (my first female one) is a little weird, but the class seems fun, and we have a big project thing at the end of the quarter. Makes me somewhat nervous, but also excited.

One aMAzing thing about my comp apps class is that on the first exam, if I score a C or higher, I do not have to come to class for the next week. Woohoo! That week is used to catch up the students who really aren't understanding the course material. I am SO getting a good grade on that test!

Well, I had better get to work...granted, there is nothing to do, but I will try to entertain myself. Yay for Christmas break in three weeks!!

No comments: