Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Watchin' the Olympics...

Tobin starts on Friday! It's so exciting, I can't wait to see where he goes first and what training he will be doing. We've been assuming all along that he will do the classroom stuff first, but we aren't too sure of anything. We'll find out in a couple of short days!

Also, we think we have found a church we really like. It's much larger than either of the churches we used to go to back home, which takes some getting used to...but we love the small group we have been going to. There are lots of couples our age, and the group is very active in organizing activities and ministries.

Work is going well for me. I am working on a project that costs waaaay more than anything else I've ever worked on...yikes! I sure have a lot to learn still, too. I've heard it takes six months to really get adjusted to a new job. So, in a little more than four months, maybe things won't be so overwhelming!

Aaaaaand, we are looking for a car now as well. We are basically replacing the truck for the near future. Any bright ideas on what car to get? Gas savers would be great...but it has to be cute, too. ;)

5 comments:

Adminswife said...

You are so cute! Don't know you that cars are supposed to be chosen by the CD player, the color, and the heated seats? I, personally, want my van back. But, the gas mileage has stopped us from seriously thinking about it.

Guess what? We are joining the technological age - we are getting cell phones. What do you think of that?

School starts in six days - I am almost ready. The kids are bored, so it is just as well school will be here soon.

Keep us informed about Tobin's job and your lives. Love you guys!

Tim said...

I just prayed for Tobin. I know you two are going to have some great stories to tell from our adventure in the years ahead.

I will add to my emails regarding car purchasing that the Ford Fusion is getting great reviews for quality. Stick with the 4-cylinder models and the mileage is good. It is a mid-sized car, so it is not as good as little things like the Yaris and the Fit. Go American!

Emily said...

I just bought at 2004 Ford Taurus that gets 30+ on the highway. That is much higher than I though it would be. I'd recommened it. It drives well, dependable, lots of room, and doesn't cost a fortune.

My 2 cents: Don't spend a lot of money on a car; they only suck more and more out of your wallet as time goes on, and you will never get that money back out when you sell it. Get a dependable used car and you will get your moneys worth. A new car is just not worth it. Used hondas and toyotas are selling for more than new, so I wouldn't go that route either. But that's just what I think...

We are praying for Tobin!

I'm sooooo glad you found a church that you like. Dan and I agree that the small group with people your age and stage in life is crucial. We love our church family and hope you love yours too!

Adminswife said...

Elyse says you MUST get a convertible.

Adminswife said...

Nice job on the car shopping! Now to see the actual gas mileage you get, drive here and let us see the car! That will be the true test (except they say the first 5,000 miles aren't where you should get your mileage count). Happy driving!