Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fay

We're expecting some rain soon! Today and Sunday is when we should get the brunt of it. I don't think we will get enough for closing any schools or businesses, but it will be our first time going through a tropical storm, so I'm excited! We have water and canned foods just in case, although we didn't really go out and prepare for anything, it was just what we had on hand. We're going for a bike ride soon so we get some time outside before we get stuck indoors.

To answer your questions from the previous post: the Yaris is a four-door, and it's an '08. Here's a video I forgot to post earlier:



There are ginormous bugs down here. Yikes. Here's one example, although the picture doesn't do him justice. When he crawled out while I was putting stuff in the recycling box, he scared the stuffin out of me. He's taller than me, I think.



















And last but not least, we have the final news about Tobin's training. He will begin on September 17th with IFS, and the S stands for screening, not school like I said before. IFS is in Pueblo, CO, and it lasts for about seven weeks. After IFS, he has some time off before API (Aviation Preflight Indoctrination) starts; API should last about eight weeks, and it is in Pensacola. Primary is after API, also in Pensacola, and we're not sure how long that lasts, but there will be time off between API and Primary as well. So...it's GREAT that he is finally going to be starting, and that he gets to fly planes so soon; but I think seven weeks is an awfully long time. We know Jesse (one of Tobin's old roommates) went through IFS in about three or four weeks, though; so there's a possibility it won't take all seven weeks. And we know T will be stationed here in Pensacola for at the least two years, maybe more.

Getting ready for rain! Keep in touch.

4 comments:

Adminswife said...

You have two extra bedrooms, why can't the little guy live with you? Why kill him?

Cindy suggests you sand bag your sliding door. You would hate to ruin the GREAT upholstering job!

Tim said...

I looked at weather.com repeatedly yesterday to see how you were doing. It looked like most of the storm went north of you. True? I hope all is well.

Emily said...

The bug is so gross, Erin. You are a stronger man than I! I'm glad Tobin's training is beginning. I hope you are getting to know other Air Force wives. It's nice to know people who are going through the same things you are. My friend Jaime, whose husband is a Ranger, found the Army wives friendship to be a great comfort while her husband was in Afganistan. talk to you later!

Tim said...

That bug is nasty, to be sure, but did you see your cousin Heather's unwanted visitor she blogged about?
http://blog.bethesdateacher.org/wp_blog/