Wednesday, May 30, 2007

First Day of Work

Don't worry folks, I'm not quite as dumb as I look. I've been stealing the neighbor's wireless for a while now, so as long as I don't move my laptop, it works great!

Got a tour of the facility today. WOW, those machines are HUUUUGE! I work on the Motor Grader team; these babies have a big blade ranging from 12 feet to 24 feet, a scraper, and other tools that can be attached. I got to climb up into the cab of one of the 24H's...the biggest motor grader CAT makes. It was cool. Very high, lots of levers and such.

I'll be working on a military motor grader project, which just means I will be designing changes for a motor grader so it will fit on a plane.

Hehe, guess what I got to wear today? I brought along my steel-toed boots but left them in the car. I wasn't sure if we would need them or not. Apparently we did. Anyways, they supplied me and this other dude with strap-on steel-toes. I looked sexy, y'all. Plus, they make this fun horse-shoe clopping sound when you're on cement. Nice.

Once a week for the next four weeks, I get to skip a day of work for intern-related stuff in Peoria and the surrounding area. :)

Oh, and when it rains, it no longer smells like Cheez-its but instead like vomit. Yum yum!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Redesigning a grader to fit on an airplane counts as aerospace industry work in my book.;)

Congratulations on your first day of work. Keep those steel-toed boots handy!

Any news on a telephone?

Adminswife said...

Sounds like Harrison's trip to the Army place - don't start your engines, it would be dangerous! Besides, you don't have Kyle with you. Have a good one! BTW, the lady at Curves whose son graduated from Rose is attending Rose for graduate work. If you have a 3 point something you get your education for free. Is that true?

Luke said...

Time to look into Skype! (not convenient by any means, but free if you and Mom / Dad have it). Oh, and Tobin.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're moved in.

I think I'll take you up on that visiting thing. I would love to take a random trip over the summer. I'll get back to you on that one ;).

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

You can make anything fit on an airplane. All you need is a torch.

Anonymous said...

You should take one of those Nasonex spray bottles, fill it up with perfume, and just inject it directly into your nasal cavity. It'll smell better for days, I promise. :)

How's the new job feel? Are you intimidated at all, or are you already aware that you're smarter than all those other goons??

Love you!

-Betsey