Monday, June 04, 2007

Work Stuff

Lots has been going on! I am finally official at CAT. Got my employee tags today. They get me into and out of the security gate without having to call security every time; and it allows me to carry a camera onto the shop floor to photograph problem machinery.

Tomorrow I am taking a trip to Peoria for an intern activity. I'm excited to meet all of the other interns! Right now I only know one guy from Rose besides the guys in my worktools group. They're fun, though, and a lot closer than Peoria interns, so maybe I should get used to an older group of friends.

I spent the weekend in Ohio, and came back with a cell phone! If you want my #, just email me. I am still figuring it out...I'm a lil cell phone illiterate, but I'm catching on quick!

Luke, one of the things I can work on at CAT if I want is a website just for our team to use. When you are designing a webpage, do you do the coding by hand or do you have a favorite program you like to work in? I kind of work on this in my spare time, so let me know what you think. Thanks!

4 comments:

Luke said...

Cool stuff, Erin! I use a text editor called TextPad to code by hand, but that requires some previous experience with it. Are they willing to buy a license of Dreamweaver or something similar for you?

You have to have access to the server, but you could also look into Textpattern, Wordpress, or DotNetNuke to setup a back-end for others to administer content. Just an idea...

Feel free to e-mail / call with questions. $100/hr for consulting.

: - )

Luke said...

*Previous experience with coding, I mean, not with TextPad.

You can look at http://dev.thecenterforcd.com or http://www.rumleydesign.com for some recent work (both are in development, sorry!).

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I definitely want your cell phone number.

Glad to hear things are going well. I've been working quite a bit and trying to read some classics this summer (Jane Eyre, Emma and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn).

Have a great week!

cassierae85@yahoo.com

Adminswife said...

Thanks for the visit, the eats, the bed, the towel, the shower, the t.v., the phone, etc. It was superb!

See you later!