Sunday, April 02, 2006

And Then There Were Eleven

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, CALEB AARON RUMLEY!!!!

Our April Fool's baby was born at some obscenely early hour (5 or 6 or 7, something unearthly like that) on April 1st, 2006!! He is 21 1/2 inches long and weighs a robust 9 lbs, 13 oz. That's right, that's how we grow 'em in the Rumley family.

He may have been a tad overdone (that's what happens when you're in the oven 9 days longer than expected), because his skin is very dry, but otherwise he seems to be as healthy as can be. On par with my previous experiences with the younger generation, he puked while in my arms; ah, yes, children feel a natural connection with me. It's got to be a sixth sense.

I proceeded to panic and hand the baby off to his parents. But he is an adorable kid! A kid after my own heart...when they were drawing blood from his feet, he didn't even wake up. In fact, he hadn't been awake since soon after the delivery. That's my nephew. I think Lacey said she hadn't even seen his eyes yet. Well, all the way open anywho. He makes these little noises in his sleep though...kinda whines I guess, but it's super cute. And he does something funky with his lower lip and chin.

Pictures to come as soon as I get them off of my roomie's camera!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Erin, normally newborns aren't awake too often. Don't know why, they just had 9 months to sleep, you'd think they'd be wide awake!! Is it mean that I laughed about him puking while you held him? If it is, scratch that, I didn't laugh. Anyway, have a great week and if I don't talk to you before, have fun in Toronto!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for pictures! If I can, I think I'll steal them after you post them. Sweeeet.

Yeah, he's a cutie. I did get to see him with his eyes open at one point. Thinking about them drawing his blood gives me the willies. I'm glad he wasn't conscious.

LOVE YOU!!!
-Betsey