Monday, September 22, 2008

Walking on the Beach

This week, I am attending AutoCAD classes downtown instead of going in to work. So, after class today, I went to the beach and took a hike towards Fort Pickens. That's a seven-mile hike one way, so I didn't make it (I'd be out there all night!) all the way, but it was a beautiful walk anyway. I saw little fish in some puddles, a crab, pelicans, and seagulls. The road that used to go to the fort was ruined in one of the hurricanes, so no cars are allowed back in the sand. However, an SUV passed me while I was out there; and, I walked by a white truck labeled "explosives" all over. Hm.

#1 : Here's the "road"...it gets easier later on in the hike:
#2 : Me walkin'.
#3 : At the end of the walk. Pretty sky!



There's a couple of people from work taking the AutoCAD classes with me. They are amazing ladies, very fun to hang out with! However, I think the class itself might be a waste of my time. I have learned a couple of things, and it's only the first day...but I thought I might be challenged a little more than I was.
Tobin had his dollar flight today! It was his first flight at IFS!! He got to fly, land, and perform some touch-and-go's (go in to land, touch your wheels to the ground, and take off again) as well as some simple maneuvers. Apparently, he did REALLY WELL!! :) I am so proud of him! His ground school practice test is this Friday, and the final test is on Monday. After that, it's mainly flying for him. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Cool pictures! We will keep praying for Tobin. Let' stay clear of the explosives trucks, shall we?

Adminswife said...

Cool shades! We're going to Milwaukee on the train tomorrow morning. The kids are staying home with Kari. Good job, Tobin! Love hearing about all your escapades. Thanks for taking the time to update - we love you, miss you and will see you soon!