Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hurrying

Quick update, since I have to go to work in a few minutes.

Tobin and I are doing very well. We still have no furniture, the moving truck is supposed to arrive after the holiday weekend, around July 7th. We are disappointed that it is not arriving sooner, but we are making do with an air mattress and what we had in our cars.

My first day of work was this Monday. It went fine, I was in a conference room all day going through training and paperwork. Yesterday, I spent the beginning of the morning getting drug tested and buying steel-toed shoes, then I went into the office. I had a long meeting with my boss, where I was assigned a scavenger hunt that I have to finish in a couple of weeks. It should be fun, I have to find out a lot of things about people and machines (like John Henry's full name and the serial number of a machine in a certain bay). I also have to work a full day with five different places on the floor. My first day of that is today, which is why I'm going in to work at 7. Tomorrow I start at 5:45. I get off early, though! :) I also have to have lunch with four different guys in my department, to get to know them a little better as well.

Tobin is trying to stay busy here at home, he is doing so much around the house! Lots of repairs and other things we needed done.

Oh, last thing...we saw a tornado inland while we were out on the island at the beach! Later I found out it was a water spout and didn't hit land...but we sure thought it did! Crazy Florida weather...

3 comments:

Tim said...

A scavenger hunt as an employee induction strategy? How fun! I may have to use that.

Lacey Rumley said...

I agree with Dad - the scavenger hunt sounds fun! How creative! What exactly will you be doing for your job?

Emily said...

wait - was the scavenger hunt just for fun or was that your first project. Sounds like dirty work for a new employee that no one else wanted to do!

love you! You will do great!