Thursday, June 26, 2008

Almost a Whole Week

I have worked the past two days out on the factory floor at two different locations. Yesterday was the Mixer station, and today was the Melt-Blown-Media belt. I helped at the end of the line, taking rolls off and wrapping them in plastic. I learned a lot, including safety measures on the line, like pads under the rollers that turn the machines off if stepped on. I accidentally stepped on one. Yeah. The whole line shut down. The guys were running around like ants. It ended up being ok, but a whole roll had to be tossed out, because while the rollers stop, the product being blown onto the fabric doesn't stop. So, there was a major build-up of resin on the fabric that made the roll really lumpy. Anyways, apparently only engineers have ever tripped the alarm by stepping on the mats. Yup. Way to uphold tradition, Erin!

Anyway, they made fun of me a lot; lol, they're very good natured and no one was upset, so it worked out well. Tomorrow I work in Windup, which I hear is very slow; so I hope I like the people! :)

We got a couch and sofa today! YAY! The truck has not arrived yet with all of our stuff, but Tobin found a deal online so we can finally sit somewhere. Our living room looks a lot better now! The furniture is in great condition, but the fabric is not our favorite, so we will try our hand at re-upholstering.

Mom and Dad are coming to visit me! I'm very excited. If everything falls through, we will at least meet halfway in Alabama for a picnic; but they might even make it all the way down to our new house. :)

More to come. Later!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Love the update! Keep up the good work at your job. Your story made me laugh...love you!

Adminswife said...

Yeah - we are coming! Can't wait!

Enjoyed the story - I know what the real color of your hair is.

You are a treat! Brightening my day!

Anonymous said...

Mom - speaking of which, I just learned the Spanish phrase for "your natural hair color is blonde, isn´t it?"

Erin - SO funny!!! Glad you could be good-natured about that experience. I think it´s hilarious, thanks for sharing.

Glad you guys can sit down now!

Love you,
Buzz