Friday, April 18, 2008

In which I survive an earthquake...

T and I were woken up this morning at around 5:30 due to tremors from an earthquake that lasted about 20 seconds. An earthquake in Indiana??!! We got up and found two of T's roommates also awake; one of them found, just a few minutes later, a site online that claimed it was an earthquake of a 5.2 magnitude. It wasn't until later this morning (when normal ppl wake up) that I found a site that corroborated that info. Apparently it was an earthquake in West Salem, IL that was felt all over IN as well.

Beyond that excitement, there are a couple of other things going on as well. I am taking the GRE on Tuesday, so I'm studying a bit for that now. Also, I have another job opportunity that I am in the middle of applying for. It's pretty cool, but I don't want to get my hopes up yet. T is going to be gone most of the weekend for a Feild Traning exercise.

See you all later, hopefully soon. (May 10th, at least)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Whoa! you could actually feel the earthquake??? supposedly some could feel in it GR, but I seriously doubt it.

Why are you taking the GRE? Are you going to grad school now? Good luck! KAPLAN study materials are the best. They have good strategies too for the test. I'd recommend investing in one.

Love you!

Lacey Rumley said...

Glad everybody's okay! I kinda wish I could've felt the earthquake - just a little bit. It definitely would've been an experience! Hey - see you in three weeks!