Wednesday, April 16, 2008

DBF Competition this Weekend!

Our senior design project culminates this weekend. The Design, Build, Fly competition in Wichita, Kansas is this weekend, April 18th-20th. Our team is leaving at noon tomorrow to drive down there. I'm not going because I need to work this weekend, but I'm feeling all the nervous butterflies that everyone else is, too. In fact, I'm kind of sick to my stomach. I hope my batteries don't blow up, and I hope the stability issues on the plane are fixed, and I hope she flies beautifully and comes back in one piece so that we can show her off to the underclassmen and give them some pointers/help for their design project next year.

I never want to work with another battery pack as long as I live, either. There have been too many sparks, short circuits, weight issues, and hissing batteries. Everything should hypothetically work fine in the competition, though. :) Go batteries, go!

As for everything else: still working on finding a job; Tobin is doing GREAT; I'll probably be working in TH until June 13th, when we have to be out of the rental house; and I think that's it.

1 comment:

Adminswife said...

Please tell your team, "YOU CAN DO IT!!!!" Would love to see the competition in person, but not possible since it is so far away.

Glad all is well with you and Tobin. Let us know is you need a place after June 13th. We are open!