Monday, August 06, 2007

I Got to Drive a Truck!

Sorry about the photos in this one, I can't figure out how to make it not be all jacked up.

I drove the smallest one Decatur makes, apparently, but it sure felt big to me! I drove over this little hill they have inside the practice track, and it felt like I was going over a mountain! The cab points toward the sky for a bit, then you're pointed right at the ground....WOW. Lots of fun! It goes up to 42 miles per hour. Not sure I ever got that fast, though. It was so bumpy...the one I drove didn't have the bed attached, so there was no weight holding her down. I couldn't keep the gas pedal down I was bumping around so much! Yep, the engine kept revving and revving...haha, they won't let me do this twice!

Anyways, these pictures are all with a different truck that has the bed attached. It was on the sound pad, and I got to raise the bed myself! Sooooo cool! Look how big this monster is. I'm shorter than the wheels!















This isn't a smile. It's a grimace of pain. There was lots of sun.

















I know, you all wish you were as cool as me with my nifty hard hat. Safety glasses too, but you can't really see them in this picture.


















Oooo. Big toys.
















Here you can see my super sexy ear plugs. I'm getting ready to drive this baby! Well, raise the truck bed at least.






















Mommy! Look what I can do!


















Yup, that was all me. I feel small.





















Another shot in case you weren't digging the last several.














Check my studly self out. :)

5 comments:

Adminswife said...

What a riot! We enjoyed the pictures. Don't think we will want to drive that any time soon. Glad you enjoyed it. We spent 3 1/2 hours in WalMart getting Betsey's cars oil changed (how's that for fast service). Actually, her key is stuck in the on position. The car won't start and the key won't turn or come out. So, it is being towed and fixed as I type. YUCK! So much for saving money.

Luke said...

What's up with all the poses? Were you actually doing a photo-shoot for CAT? Hehe - the hat and glasses should really sell those trucks.

Looks like fun...

Emily said...

i love it! how fun! big machinery is sooo cool!

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious. So I guess you took up that offer from the modeling company after all? Was it the free necklace that sold you??

I especially liked the "Mommy, look what I can do." I like you.

I leave for school in ONE HOUR!!! (that is, if I finish packing by then) ;) Hehe.

Love,
Buzz

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures :)

I had lunch with Jim and Newman Saturday. I didn't realize how chatty Newman can be. It was fun though.

As far as my Praxis tests. I almost missed them. Long story involving my dad going 80 mph and the testing building being switched, but I made it. I think they went fine and I'll take the other one back at Cedarville.

Tiff and I are still in Faith (same room as last year) and I will be teaching a little bit in the fall and then all of spring. I'm excited to be almost done. We take Matt to Grace Saturday and then I go back to Ohio Sunday.

Are you back at Rose now? How does your senior year look?

I miss you and we definitely need to get together :)

Wow, long comment.