Sunday, April 29, 2007

Inauguration

Well, our new president was inaugurated on Friday. I went to the ceremony on Friday and the student reception and comedian act on Saturday. It was kind of a cool time; we got key chains to celebrate the occasion and I really enjoyed the comedian. He was a former engineer, and his jokes were extremely nerdy and very funny. I would tell y'all a few, but that would just make me seem like more of a nerd than I am. :)

We did happen to get his DVD, though, so maybe some day when you're visiting, I can entertain you with tool humor.

Still waiting to hear back from Caterpillar about my internship this summer. So far, I've heard nothing back from my calls and emails. Guess I'll try again on Monday.

Life's been kind of crazy lately. Things are busy, but somehow this week I managed to have 3 or 4 free evenings. That NEVER happens, so I am kind of worried about next week. Yikes. I better go study for my heat transfer test now. Dinner would be good as well. Bye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Engineering humor. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Adminswife said...

Did he just call you a moron?

Luke said...

Wanna know something weird? I have an intern that I helped interview / hire coming to work with me for the summer! Kinda crazy to be on the other side of the coin.

Caterpillar not communicating with you makes me kind of nervous. I would think they would have a formal program and an HR person in touch all the time. Be sure to ask if there is a housing subsidy provided (or maybe yours was completely paid for, I forget).

Lacey Rumley said...

We'll go with your suggestion of Graham, with the middle name Cracka. (Gotta get the little guy's ethnic heritage in there, right?)